Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pinspiration

I mentioned in my last post that I'd been doing some hardcore pinning since we put an offer on our new place - I've got so much that I want to do, I can't wait to just get in there and start figuring out what's going to be possible and exactly what I've got to work with!

Since I've got nothing else to report back on, I thought I'd post a few of my favourite pins that I'm hoping to incorporate or draw inspiration from in our new home.

Enjoy!



Our original plan for when we outgrew our current home was to find a nice 1/2 acre block of land and build our dream house - but blocks that aren't at least 2 hectares are very rare in our chosen part of the world, so we ended up buying established.  Which is more than fine (I must admit, I was dreading that house building limbo period), but it means my fantasy of exposed beams (which was an absolute must have in my mind) was not likely to come to fruition.  I'm not entirely sure that the ceilings in the new place are going to be high enough for us to manage this, but at least this gorgeous rustic look has made it back into the realm of possibility for us!  I'm actually pretty sure this is something we could manage to pull off.  Fingers crossed.



I'm pretty much taking this entire kitchen and replicating it in the new house.  I can easily paint the existing timber cabinetry and I've already sourced everything else I need.  The layout will be a little different, but everything else is perfect for the look I'm after.  Maybe having my dream kitchen will inspire me to be a better chef!

Doubtful ;)



Plus these stools for the breakfast bar.  I love their industrial look.



I won't be able to do this soon enough!  I haven't researched this one yet, but one of my besties works the paint desk at the local Bunnings, so I'm sure she'll be able to point me in the right direction.



Green isn't exactly my colour but I love this for the entryway.  Our front door leads straight into the front lounge, so I'd love to add in a half wall to create a separate space there.



I'd love to recreate this in Taylor's room - the thought of her having a little reading nook excites me to no end, since I was a little bookworm myself.  One of my greatest hopes for her is that she is able to discover all the hidden worlds that books can take you to.  There is no greater gift than the ability to enjoy reading IMHO.


link unavailable.

We're planning on removing the build in wardrobes in the master bedroom in favour of a walk in robe. It won't be as grand as this, but this has a similar feel to what I'm going for. Let's hope we can pull it off!

You'll probably find that I do a few more of these posts, since I can't keep off Pinterest for the life of me.  You can follow me via the link to the right :)






No comments :

Post a Comment